You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alternative to Sony's Vegas Movie Studio

I've been a Vegas Movie Studio user for a number of years. Recently switched from windows-based computer to Mac. Is there a comparable alternative for the Mac? I don't use video...I use photographs to create slide shows, sync with music, etc. Appreciate any thoughts anyone might have. Thanks.

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Feb 13, 2011 12:31 PM

6 replies

Feb 13, 2011 12:44 PM in response to PuppyDogMom

Every Mac comes with iPhoto, iMovie and iDVD (among other things). All can be used to create very nice slide shows, including music if you want. Try them first before investing in more software. You may find they do all you need them to do!

Depending on your needs/requirements you may want to look into Final Cut Express as a next step up in editing capability.

Feb 13, 2011 12:49 PM in response to PuppyDogMom

In iPhoto, iMovie and iDVD you can add music to your slide shows. There are also a very nice array of transitions including a customizable "Ken Burns effect" if that's what you mean by 'slide motion'.

For further editing capabilites then Final Cut Express is the next step up. Lots of transitions & effects included; even more available from third parties. Synchronizing music & slides can be done at a much finer level than in iMovie. But it also takes more learning to use.

Alternative to Sony's Vegas Movie Studio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.