6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2005 4:16 PM by Ralph Johns (UK)
smugdoug Level 1 (5 points)
I logged into iChat thru my .Mac account, and it took some time to connect. But once connected, it won't show my buddies. I tried to add them, and they still won't show. I've tried deleting the prefs, but that doesn't help. Any ideas?

Powerbook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.3)
  • Annihialator Level 1 (0 points)
    Not that it helps, but I have exactly the same problem. Only started behaving like this today!

???

Powerbook G4 15" 1.25GHz   Mac OS X (10.4.3)  
  • Chasmo Level 1 (10 points)
    Me too. Worked this morning but not now.
  • Chasmo Level 1 (10 points)
    Got it to work again by switching to my other account -- an AIM account that is not @mac.com. When that account showed buddies, I switched back to my @mac.com account and the buddies are back.

PBG4 12-inch 1.5 GHz. Mac OS X (10.4.3)
  • Lawrence Hrusovsky Level 2 (165 points)
    Mine disappeared also. I've tried everything and can't find the buddie list or create a new list. Just started this afternoon. Actually disappeared as I was looking at the list. What's going on?
  • smugdoug Level 1 (5 points)
    Now it's back. I'm wondering if it had something to do with Apple's server...
  • Ralph Johns (UK) Level 9 (71,080 points)
    Hi All,

This is likely to be the AIM server as you Buddy List are kept there.

Every now and then AIM take take to delete unused Accounts and clean up there sytem. This seem to effect the links with @mac acconts held on the Apple servers.

Pre Christmas is usually the time that they do it so that more users can reigister and a thread like this can have many more posts to it. It is about a 3 monthly event at which the December one can be worse.

This sounds like a temporary glitch and not the Real thing.

Ralph