Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flow charts lacking

I searched and I do not see a recent thread.

There is no easy way to make flowcharts in Keynote. While the drawing tools are easy to use, there are no connectors (as far as I can tell) so that connected boxes remain together.

iMac, MacBook, iPad, iPod touch, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 13, 2011 5:34 PM

5 replies

Feb 14, 2011 11:45 AM in response to Lance Berger

Lance,

Select both objects that you wish to connect with a line and then Insert > Connection Line.

I will add that you won't find a direct way to connect a connection line to another connection line, so as to make a "T" connection. The way to do this is to have an intermediate Object, a Circle is the best, to connect to, then shrink the circle to a dot.

Jerry

Message was edited by: Jerrold Green1

Jun 10, 2011 10:31 AM in response to Jerrold Green1

Thank you very much for this post! I draw a lot of diagrams and have used PowerPoint instead of Keynote because I could not find this feature! This is tremendous.

It looks like Apple has some work to do to play catch up with Microsoft but this makes the charts usable where they were not without this feature.

I want to be able to select or control the type of connection as I can in PowerPoint. Sometimes I want 90 degree angles in my connection arrows. I also like being able to select a connector that has the arrow configuration that I want to use when I apply the connector. I see you can use the inspector - graphics to customize the end style, but this is pain.

Thank you for your post and letting us know about this hidden feature. For me, this makes Keynote useable for the first time.

Flow charts lacking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.