Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download Errors : Speed Download

Recently, origin unknown, my laptop has stopped recognizing downloads. The error message specifically refers to Speed Download :

Speed Download cannot be opened because of a problem.
Check with the developer to make sure Speed Download works with this version of Mac OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and Mac OS X.

Please advise.

powerbook g4, Mac OS X (10.6.5), All original

Posted on Feb 13, 2011 5:26 PM

6 replies

Feb 13, 2011 5:48 PM in response to crooked6p

It appears that this applications is causing a problem, so I'd suggest that you uninstall Speed Download (there is an FAQ on their site with uninstall instructions). Also, there is mention of Growl on their site; I'd suggest doing a search in these forums here for it - there have been problem reported with it (others have had none). And, of course, do contact the developers.

Feb 13, 2011 6:34 PM in response to crooked6p

crooked6p --

It could be that you already just trashed it.
Once installed, Speed Download gives you a demo period, after which, you are expected to pay for it.
Too often, people just drag it to the trash.
It has to be UNinstalled with their uninstaller.

Or you could try deleting anything from Yazsoft/Speed Download from these locations:

First, Quit Safari. Then look here:
HD/Library/InputManagers
HD/Library/Internet Plug-Ins

Home Folder/Library/InputManagers
Home Folder/Library/Internet Plug-Ins

Restart Safari.
Anymore messages?

Feb 13, 2011 7:04 PM in response to crooked6p

Get rid of Speed Download as fast as you can. It causes nothing but trouble.

If as Bee suggests you try the Uninstaller and it doesn't work, you may have to install Speed Download again. Once you have installed again then run the Uninstaller once again.

I know when I tested it on my system, I had an extremely difficult time getting rid of it. Their tech support was totally worthless. They insisted that it was the greatest thing going. They were more like used cars salesmen rather then any kind of support.

It was someone on this forum that suggest I install again and then uninstall it. That worked for me.

| ___________________

Allan
User uploaded file

Message was edited by: Allan Eckert

Download Errors : Speed Download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.