Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unusual iTunes problem when restoring iOS firmware(s).

As the topic says, I am having a very strange issue with iTunes and restoring iOS to not only my iPad, but also to my iPod Touch 2nd Gen. So far the only way I have been able to remedy the problem seems to be manually removing iTunes and all API's and/or Frameworks via Terminal; and then re-installing iTunes. For the last several months I have been using iTunes 10.1. 1/2 and when I've had to restore my iPad, I have ran into the following problem:

I put my device info DFU Mode to update and here is what happens, it extracts the software as usual and proceeds to restore. It gets nearly to the end of the restore, approximately 97-98% in iTunes, just before the Verifying Restore phase. And it simply hangs there, I have let the device sit for 10+ minutes and does not move. As I said, the only way I can fix it is to completely remove iTunes and re-install. And here is where things get even stranger yet.

A day after I had previously restored, I had to restore again because the iPad AppStore would not open properly on my iPad, and also on the previous day I had uninstalled/re-installed iTunes. And the hanging problem once again occurred, I am not sure why, _*but it seems like every time I restart*_ my MacBook Pro something in iTunes becomes corrupted for some reason and the only way to resolve the issue is a(n) uninstall/reinstall of iTunes.

If anyone has anything to add to help with, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

MacBook Pro Late 2008 (A1286) 15.4", Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 13, 2011 9:34 PM

1 reply

Feb 6, 2016 12:04 PM in response to palyons

Try booting into Single User Mode and then rebooting from there,

Also, please excuse me for bringing it up, but I coulnd't help but telling you, that there is a solution for your command-shift+click problem in applescript. I would have answered it there but the discussion was closed. So even though it is 6 years later, here's your answer to command-shift+click with applescript:

tell application "System Events"

key down shift

key down command

delay 0.1

click at {x, y} --coordinates

key up command

key up shift

end tell

Unusual iTunes problem when restoring iOS firmware(s).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.