Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Genius Mix Editing

Is there a way to edit Genius Mixes? Generally, I like the way iTunes puts together the mixes, but I would like the option of being able to change things around a little. Is there a way to call up the song list besides "arrowing" through one at a time? Also, how do you go about naming a Genius Mix to something of your choice, not the arbitrary "Folk Mix" or "Alternative Mix".

Thanks,
Papa Tee

imac, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Feb 14, 2011 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2011 10:16 AM

No.
Although-if you're up for a little experimenting you can find out the songs in a mix by syncing JUST THAT ONE mix to an iPod or iPhone.
But as far as manipulating the mix, that cannot be done.
15 replies

Sep 23, 2011 9:34 AM in response to tjdupree

Question: where is there an "Edit" option displaned on the iPhone menu if you can't actually edit anything? I have the following buttons at the top of my list: Edit, New, and Refresh. Every button but Edit does something. Clicking edit makes it appear you can edit but I've not figured it out no matter what the amount of swiping or tap, tap-tap, tap-tap-tapping I've done.

What gives?

Edit: I neglected to add my hardware: Running an iPhone 4 with the latest software build controlling an Apple TV (gen. 1).

Dec 5, 2013 7:27 AM in response to rudewell

If I give you the email of my co-worker, Rudewell, would you email her the links to proper usage of 'moot' and 'per se.' I have corrected her countless times over the years but it just hasn't taken. She likes to say the point is 'mute,' to which I often respond "Sorry, I couldn't hear the point you were trying to make" but she just repeats herself. She also likes to throw per se inappropriately into several random interactions each day, such as "I had sushi for lunch, per se." I pride myself on being courageous and direct in correcting her...but maybe you can succeed where I have failed.

Curtis

Dec 5, 2013 7:56 AM in response to Curtis Mcauliff

Dear Curtis

Sorry to read about your trials and tribulations with dim co-worker; sadly, here in the UK things aren't an awful lot better. Current least favourite example is 'innit' for 'isn't it', largely a teen expression but only ugly, also used ungrammatically, as in 'I kicked 'is 'ead in, innit?'

Suggest you may find yourself better off getting a job in an office where people have a better command of the English language.

Good luck

RBB

Dec 5, 2013 7:57 AM in response to Curtis Mcauliff

Curtis Mcauliff wrote:

If I give you the email of my co-worker, Rudewell, would you email her the links to proper usage of 'moot'

Since he responded to a 10 month old post (for no apparent reason. No one was questioning the use of "here, here"), I doubt Rudewell would know what the definition of "moot" is.

From -> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/moot

3moot

adjective\ˈmüt\

: not worth talking about : no longer important or worth discussing"

Then again, his name kinda fits.

Genius Mix Editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.