Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login Live/Hotmail opens blank page in safari

For about one week when trying to login to hotmail, safari displays a blank page. I can log in fine on firefox and chrome, however, neither of these browsers allow to edit documents in word/excel, so it would be really helpful to solve this issue.

mac book, Mac OS X (10.6.6), safari 5.0.3

Posted on Feb 14, 2011 8:41 AM

5 replies

Feb 14, 2011 10:47 AM in response to Claudia Schurmann

Hi Claudia,

Go to Safari / Preferences then select the Security tab. Click: Show Cookies. Delete all Microsoft/Hotmail cookies.

And in that same Preferences window select the Autofill tab. Make sure *user names and passwords* is selected.

Quit Safari (Command + Q)

Now open Keychain Access (Applications/Utilities) Select Passwords on the left. Delete the Hotmail keychain.

Relaunch Safari and try accessing your Hotmail account.

Carolyn 🙂

Feb 14, 2011 5:22 PM in response to Claudia Schurmann

Hi,

Anything else I can do?

You can setup Hotmail via the Mac Mail app already installed on your computer. Much easier to use then web based via Safari.

Open the Mac Mail app. From the menu bar click Mail / Preferences then select the Accounts tab then select *Account Information*

Click + bottom left side of that pane. Enter your name, the Hotmail email address and password then click Create.

🙂

Feb 15, 2011 2:14 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hi Carolyn,

thanks for that, but the issue is not the email, but rather not being able to edit office documents on skydrive. I've got the email set up in mac mail and that is all fine. I can also log in fine using google chrome or firefox, but they don't allow to edit in excel, which is what i need, edit in browser doesn't give the same options and it only works in safari, that is when safari was still login in correctly.

many thanks, your help is much appreciated.

cheers,
claudia

Login Live/Hotmail opens blank page in safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.