Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth MAP profile

Does anybody know if this is going to be implemented short term (e.g. iOS 4.3)?

hp, iOS 4

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 4:18 AM

11 replies

Feb 15, 2011 4:47 AM in response to pmsardo

This is a user to user help forum only, so doubtful if anyone here knows what Apple's future plans are in this regard. If in Apple's future plans - short or long term and someone here is privileged to the info in advance, they will be under Apple's non-disclosure agreement and aren't allowed to say until Apple makes an announcement or until the firmware update is released that includes the option.

Feb 15, 2011 5:48 AM in response to pmsardo

Obviously you don't understand this.

Then keep looking on the net. A developer providing any info about a BETA firmware update is violating Apple's non-disclosure agreement, and until a firmware update is a gold master status which means the release date is eminent, an item included with the BETA can be changed or removed.

Once again - if in Apple's future plans - short or long term and someone here is privileged to the info in advance, they will be under Apple's non-disclosure agreement and aren't allowed to say until Apple makes an announcement or until the firmware update is released that includes the option.

Someone privileged to any of Apple's plans in advance certainly isn't going to violate Apple's non-disclosure agreement and risk their business relationship with Apple at a user to user help forum that is provided and moderated by Apple.

Sep 20, 2011 1:12 AM in response to KiltedTim

I understand that this is a user forum, no one on here will know what Apple's doing and why.

However, some may speculate as to why MAP isn't being supported. Is it for security reasons for example?

With most new cars coming onto the market today offering additional services that require MAP to be supported in phones, (surely car manufacturers are talking with handset manufacturers and have a roadmap of products that will work together in the future), the it's either a 'miss' by Apple or there's a perfectly good reason for them not to support this function.

I'll have my car for 4 years and have been waiting for the iPhone 5, however now I have to seriously consider other handsets as I want a phone that supports MAP in the Bluetooth stack.

Is there anyway to get feedback to Apple and request additional features/ functions?

Cheers

Ollie

Sep 20, 2011 8:59 AM in response to KiltedTim

Sorry, but I'm not paying for a technical support incident to contact Apple and 'help' their marketing department know that all new cars have BT MAP functionality as standard and only Apple phones can't make use of this.

In the 'contact us' section, I see no other general feedback/ additional feature support option.

No need to answer this, I give up - far too busy and more important things to worry about.

Apple will or they won't.

Cheers

Bluetooth MAP profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.