Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IDVD Questions

1) Can you add more than 6 scenes to a scene selection menu? I have 7 and it looks bad having a second menu page just for 1 scene.

2) Can you create buttons using clip art or photos?

3) What type of RAM would help add smoothe workflow in IDVD and IMovie? Mine freezes up and I have a new IMac 27" 2010. I think it has 4GB. Would adding RAM help with this?

IMAC, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 10:49 AM

1 reply

Feb 20, 2011 3:27 AM in response to Matt Rosenthal1

1) Yes, you can have over 6 scenes per submenu. There is a top limit, usually 10, but depends on the theme. To get the 7th scene on the prior submenu, navigate to the submenu page with the 7th scene. Click on it once to highlight it. Then, go to Edit and select 'Copy'
Navigate back to the first submenu page and select 'Paste' to see your 7th scene added to that page. You will probably need to open Inspector and choose 'Free Position' in order to place the scenes more orderly.
Be sure to navigate back to the other submenu, highlight the 7th scene (which has now been copied and pasted on the other page) and select 'Delete' to remove it from the 2nd page.
You should then see that both the scene and that submenu page disappear and you are back on your submenu page with all 7 scenes there.
This is easy to do, and actually takes more time for me to write it all out than for you to do it 🙂

2) You can select different button shapes for frames for each of your scene titles, and you can pick a thumbnail for it from that scene using the slider bar above the frame, but you cannot add photos or clip art separately.

3) Your amount of RAM should be fine. You do need to have enough free space on your computer; at least 25-30 GB for your apps to work properly.

IDVD Questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.