Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motu 896 don´t work

Got a new MacPro. Installed all the dirvers and latest updates. (OSX 10.6.6. latest motu driver and latest Logic 8 version)

When changing the audio interface logic (as well as garage band) freezes upon initializing. I´m using a FW 400 to FW 800 adaptor. (it also happens when I daisy chain the interface with a FW800/400 drive) The interface is recognized by the driver and audio-setup. (Although there were problems too in the beginning) Started also with 32bit kernel but that didn´t help.

Can anyone help please. Thanks

Message was edited by: tobemixthis

MacPro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 12:42 PM

12 replies

Mar 12, 2011 9:00 AM in response to tobemixthis

Hi! My Motu 896HD is not connecting to my MacPro either - After installing the recent osx updates I get a warning in system profiler that says 'Unable to list firewire devices'. I've bought a new cable - tried different ports - done the PRAM thing - Factory reset the Motu - Switched it all off & waited half an hour -switched it back on (of course) - Repaired disk permissions - emptied my caches & prayed a lot (as well as cursed a lot) - If You Or Anyone out there knows how to fix this problem I'd Love to know how you did it?!

Mar 13, 2011 6:29 PM in response to tobemixthis

Has anyone had success in resolving this issue? 10.6.6 has disabled my 896 too. Initially it wouldn't be recognised at all (stuck on flashing lights) - so I intalled the latest drivers from MOTU - the 896 now shows up as a device, but launch any audio app - quicktime / logic / even just trying to preview audio in finder - they all induce the spinning colour wheel and I have to force quit the apps & finder.

Desperate for a solution, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Mar 14, 2011 8:58 AM in response to Donald Hoeber

Hi - The 896HD IS directly connected to the mac - the FireWire port works fine with other devices - I'm not daisy chaining & have tried your suggestion to park the AudioMIDIsetup.plist file in the Trash & still no change. 😟 - I have contacted Motu Support who have responded very quickly and have asked if I've reset the device & if the FireWire port is working - I've told them I've carried out the necessary maintenance and am now awaiting another response from them hopefully with a fix!

Motu 896 don´t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.