Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Abridged vs UnAbridged

I want to download "The Joy Luck Club" by Amy Tan for my daughter and see that there are two versions available. The Unabridged is $15 and what may be a shorter version is $10--its not referred to as "abridged" in the description. The two versions came out in different years, but each has the same run time of 9hrs. 6 minutes. How do you find out what the difference would be between the two versions?

Thanks

iMac DuoCore 2.4ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 2:28 PM

3 replies

Feb 16, 2011 6:57 AM in response to ReidMac

Thanks, I had forgotten the the content varies per the system. Had hoped to get the audiobook for my daughter's iPod but looks like it will have to be for her Mac.

It's not really the system, it's the store. There is no problem getting audiobooks for ipods. But you don't use iBooks or the iBookstore to do that -- they are for ebooks. You use the regular iTunes store, which is handled in a different forum.

Abridged vs UnAbridged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.