Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 keeps rebooting itself every 1-2 minutes.

Hi!

Yesterday I got my white iphone 4 parts that I changed out of my black parts through a guide on youtube. Everything went well and put in place, I turn it on and everything worked. Five minutes later my cellphone rebooted itself and I did not think it was anything to worry about. After that it just kept rebooting every minute. I thought it was wrong on the white parts, so I switched back to the black parts again but it continues even now. It works 5min until it gets "No Service" then the screen goes off and the phone reboots. There is also something odd about the battery meter, sometimes it can be 0% and sometimes 100% when it started again.

I have tried everything. Took everything out and put it back in again, done a clean restore from itunes, etc.. Do not know what more I can do.

Anyone know what to do or what the problem is?

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 4:38 AM

11 replies

Feb 18, 2011 6:17 AM in response to qwertylol

Seems like you are out of luck here. Your warranty is voided considering that you changed the black parts to the white parts. You even tried restoring, which that did not help. Even if you go to the Apple store, it is very unlikely that they will replace it, just because white models are not out and they can check what the actual color of the phone was through the serial number and the model number.

Mar 2, 2011 3:05 PM in response to qwertylol

There could be any number of things wrong now that you've completely voided the warranty by tearing the thing apart.

If you've very lucky, Apple will give you an out of warranty replacement for a charge. I suspect, though, that you're going to have to break down and buy a new phone.

If you're going to play russian roulette, it's best to leave some of the chambers unloaded...

iPhone 4 keeps rebooting itself every 1-2 minutes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.