Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No music airplay but video works...???!!??

I have the new AppleTV and have been sending music from my iPhone to it. Video too. It was working pretty good. The occasional drops were there, but was random. Then, this morning I couldn't send any music to the ATV from my iPhone. I could send video. The video played and could be seen and heard. I then went back to try to send music again, and again nothing.

Why is the ATV accepting video streaming from my iPhone and not audio? Nothing has been changed since last night when it all worked fine. Additionally, if it was a user error, why would the video work? I'm assuming the video and music travel to the ATV in the same manner.

This thing is quirky. Any help from this community will be appreciated

Scott.

MacBook Pro 2.8ghz i7, Mac OS X (10.6.6), iMac and iPhone

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 7:43 AM

2 replies

Feb 17, 2011 9:15 AM in response to sjgreenberg

I am having the same problem with my iphone sending airplay to apple tv it will send video it will even show up as apple tv being selectable in ipod and other programs. ipod on iphone even thinks apple tv is playing music because the timeline is moving. when i go and use airplay on my macbook pro all works fine video and music.

Message was edited by: jlance00

No music airplay but video works...???!!??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.