Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Twitter for iPad

Hi!

I am a new iPad user. I have installed the official Twitter for iPad application from AppStore. Somehow I cannot get my Geotag working. Though I click on the pin and it shows the location, when I post my tweet, it does not contain any geotag information whatsoever...

Please, advise! Thanks! 🙂

iPad, iOS 4

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 8:40 AM

9 replies

Feb 17, 2011 11:00 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:
Have you tried downloading another Twitter app and seeing if it works from one of them? Have you checked to see if your location is reasonably accurate in a mapping program? Have you tried reetting your iPad (hold down the Home and Power buttons until the silver apple appears)?

Also, which iPad do you have, the WiFi only or the WiFi +3G?

1. WiFi + 3G
2. TweetDeck crashes often...
3. "Mapping program"?

Otherwise, the GeoTag in TweetDeck works, unlike the original twitter app for iPad...

Message was edited by: Asen

Feb 17, 2011 11:32 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:
Have you tried downloading another Twitter app and seeing if it works from one of them? Have you checked to see if your location is reasonably accurate in a mapping program? Have you tried reetting your iPad (hold down the Home and Power buttons until the silver apple appears)?

Also, which iPad do you have, the WiFi only or the WiFi +3G?

2. TweetDeck crashes often — I mean, the GeoTag works on TweetDeck. It does not work only on Twitter for iPad. To say again: it adds the location to the tweet, but does not display it in any way...

Feb 18, 2011 1:09 AM in response to Mac on Andy

Yes it is enabled. The TweetBird also works jus fine, whereas the Twitter for iPad just shows the pin, adds the location as a gra text under the tweet and never actually adds it to the post. Besides that I do not know it viewing the location of ohe Tweets is actuall possible in Twitter for iPad... Though I'd love to have it fully functional.

Feb 18, 2011 3:06 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:
Doesn't display when you add it or doesn't display in the feed? If it works in Tweetdeck, then it sounds as if the problem may be the Twitter app. You may want to consult Twitter. But first try resetting your iPad. Also, maybe delete the app and reinstall.

I did all this. I resetted the iPad as well. The geotag shows up in the post when I compose it, yet it does not show up in the feed. Tweet deck and the tweet bird show it, but the interface and options I have in twitte fir iPad is bette for me, so Id like to use this app instead...

Feb 18, 2011 12:46 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:
Sounds like a problem with the app itself. You'll probably need to see if Twitter has any help options available. You may also what to look at Echofon and Osfoora.

Sadly, I stopped using Twitter for iPad. TwitBird seems Ok for me. I'll pay for the Pro version and will be happy. Sadly, the original Twitter app for iPad does not work. Period. 🙂 Thank you all for the suggestions!

Twitter for iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.