Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manually download emails from iPhone to Windows Computer

I want to be able to move emails from an iPhone to a Windows computer without syncing with Outlook. My current Outlook has my emails but I need to download emails from another phone for backup purposes. Can anyone help as I don't think there is a function like Windows Explorer to see the contents of the mail folders on the iPhone.

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 11:15 AM

10 replies

Jul 15, 2011 7:44 AM in response to Ansuz82

You stated in your reply to the post that "the email accounts on the iPhone are all either Exchange, IMAP or POP3", which is untrue in my case. I have smtp for one of my three e-mail accounts ( two gmail and one AOL). My issue is of course with my AOL and I have searched blogs and software for a way to transfer and/or backup emails from the iPhone to a PC with no such luck so far. This would be my only option because with smtp the option you gave would not apply, correct???

FYI I cannot remember my aol password and my iphone has my aol password on file but on my pc the security question and alternate e-mail will not work, so that is way I won't to transfer or backup that account periodically with my PC.

thanks for any help in this matter, nick

Jul 15, 2011 8:00 AM in response to KiltedTim

OK, that makes since so are you saying that even with AOL it is either IMAP or POP3? If so, where would that be listed on an iPhone 4...when you go to incoming mail settings it gives you: PASSWORD / MD5 CHALLENGE-RESPONSE / NTLM / HTTP MD5 DIGEST. Which to be honestly I have no idea what any of it means. I guess my main question, if your privy to this knowledge, if I am using AOL mail and cannot access my account via PC/MAC and have to soley access on my iPhone...Is there a way to transfer/backup emails from my iPhone to my PC, with either a downloaded program or through certain settings???? thanks for the help!!!!

Jul 29, 2013 3:31 AM in response to VShut

OK

1) sign up for a Gmail account

2) open the mail icon on iphone

3) Click edit on top right

4) Move the emails over to one of the Gmail folders

5) login to gmail on PC

6) using the select all function and forward it back to your email

7) There!! you now have the emails on your pc and you did it without forwarding each of them one by one.

Oct 13, 2013 7:31 AM in response to EJC79A

EJC79A wrote:

OK

1) sign up for a Gmail account

2) open the mail icon on iphone

3) Click edit on top right

4) Move the emails over to one of the Gmail folders

5) login to gmail on PC

6) using the select all function and forward it back to your email

7) There!! you now have the emails on your pc and you did it without forwarding each of them one by one.

Thanks EJC79A

Your instructions worked perfectly! However, rather than forward emails from Gmail I skipped the last steps 6 and 7. Instead, just setup Microsoft Outlook to download all emails directly from Gmail account.

Walk-through Instructions:

http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/ss/Access_Gmail_with_Outlook_2002_or_Outlo ok_2003_Using_IMAP.htm

Manually download emails from iPhone to Windows Computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.