Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Most Professional Web Design Software Suggestions??????

I am currently looking to purchase a new web design software. I have tons of experience using iWeb already, and while I love the ease of use of iWeb, I'm disappointed in some of it's downfalls.

So now I am looking throughout the market for the most professional MAC web design software available. I need something that can design blogs where users can comment and I would love to be able to design a site where users could even create their own profiles. I need to be able to create forums, integrate youtube and USTREAM videos and players into my site, and also be able to publish to my own godaddy.com domain names which I already own. I would love to be able to find something with drag and drop capabilities just like iWeb. Basically, I want to know what the ABSOLUTE BEST and MOST Professional web desing program.

NOTE: The business I own is an online news website.

I would very much appreciate any suggestions.

Thank You

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 10:46 AM

4 replies

Feb 17, 2011 11:01 AM in response to raptorproductions

There are many IDEs available. Visual Studio, NetBeans, Eclipse, WebBuilder2010, etc. etc. etc.

It is hard to recommend a tool without knowing what programing languages, database, and servers you'll be using. Some tools better handle javacript or C# while others better work with php or visual basic. Some languages better integrate with certain databases and therefore will contribute to your tool selection.

You mention drag and drop. I doubt you require a "professional" tool suite if you plan on using drag and drop to develop your site.

My suggestion is to figure out your language, server, and database requirements then select the tools that best support your environment. Search Google for web development tools. You'll get a lot of hits. Read the descriptions which will provide some insight as to what they support.

Feb 17, 2011 1:47 PM in response to raptorproductions

raptorproductions wrote:
I need something that can design blogs where users can comment and I would love to be able to design a site where users could even create their own profiles. I need to be able to create forums, integrate youtube and USTREAM videos and players into my site

The number one task you have is integrating multiple interactive groupware services from different vendors into a domain. I hope I'm wrong (I'm not a web developer), but I don't think there are any Web apps on any platform that can really do all of those things by drag-and-drop. When you say "most professional," that usually means you need a very powerful coding environment for the hand programming you will need to integrate all of the services under your domain.

Do you need it to be dead simple to use, or do you already plan to handle by yourself all of the JavaScript, PHP, etc. code that you'll need to glue everything together on your site? If you can't code it all yourself, you'll need to hire somebody.

If I was facing this task, you're on GoDaddy, and they offer a long list of "one-click hosting" applications you can already install on your GoDaddy domain for (I think) no extra charge. There's Wordpress, Movable Type, etc. for making blogs, phpBB and others for building forums, etc.

You would then pick Mac software that can interface with all of those services, like some of the ones already mentioned.

iWeb is not meant for that at all, and is completely inadequate for the task.

Most Professional Web Design Software Suggestions??????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.