Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete users from workgroup management

When I delete a user, it disappears, but when I log back in, the user reappears. Any ideas on how to fix this? This is mac os x 10.6.6 (I posted in the wrong forum)

Message was edited by: Christopher Muench

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 11:47 AM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2011 7:09 AM in response to UptimeJeff

We, too, have been experiencing this same problem for a long while now. So when i saw your post I gave it a try.

When I typed the delete command I got the following response:

<dscl_cmd> DS Error: -14120 (eDSPermissionError)

This is an abbreviated message from the one I get when i try to delete the user in WGM:

Got Unexpected Error:

Error of type eDSAuthNoAuthServerFound (-14102) on line 1645 of /SourceCache/WorkgroupManager/WorkgroupManager-319.2.2/PMMUGMainView.mm

I really do appreciate your input to this problem which we have been dealing with for a very long time. But, unfortunately, it didn't resolve our issue. Hopefully it will resolve the originally posters problem though.

Can't delete users from workgroup management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.