Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do we discuss the Apple website itself?

I went through the entire 100-something list of discussions and not one was about just the Apple.com website itself (that I could find).

I wanted to post that browsing the Apple website using a fairly new 2.6ghz quadcore PC (Intel i5), IE 8, Windows 7, secured with AV and anti-spyware, plus extra firewall safety via router is near impossible because the site likes to freeze the browser for anything from 1 second to as long as 10 to 15 seconds.

This happens on simple pages like this: http://www.apple.com/appletv/
...which doesnt appear to have anything special on this. Apple.com is the only website this happens to me on. Why? What kind of weird HTML code is Apple using that no one else is?

I really wanted to read about Apple TV, but I can't, the browser freezes doing something as simple as scrolling the page.

I'll go try Firefox now...

---------------------

Works perfectly in Firefox. Is this some sort of anti-Microsoft thing going on?

PC, Windows 7, ...

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 4:14 PM

4 replies

Feb 18, 2011 8:44 AM in response to RBtheMan

Works perfectly in Firefox. Is this some sort of anti-Microsoft thing going on?

Well that wouldn't make much sense, would it? If Apple want you to purchase their products, why would they restrict your access to them?

If history is anything to go by, more likely a Anti-Apple thing...
http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Blue-Mountain-Arts-Inc-Company- History.html

Note the section "Blue Mountain Arts v. Microsoft in 1998"

Regards

TD

Feb 18, 2011 9:15 AM in response to RBtheMan

Welcome to Apple Discussions!
I've noted on Windows XP SP 3, that Internet Explorer 8.0.6 will have difficulty editing messages, unless I turn on the compatibility mode. That's the broken document icon on the right of the URL field. What will happen is that once I have filled the message field, it will scroll home with every word I type, causing me to have to move my cursor with each word I type. Once I turn on compatibility mode, all is well.

Jul 21, 2011 11:39 AM in response to RBtheMan

Just wanted to follow up as an FYI to Apple web devs:

I have since upgraded to IE9, FIrefox 5 and Chrome 12. IE is still the only browser exhibiting slowness on Apple.com. It's a bit better than it was before though. The really noticable freezing is when editing a form. Clicking on an input field results in a pause for anywhere between 1 and 5 seconds, and only after this is it possible to enter text.

Where do we discuss the Apple website itself?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.