7 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2013 6:17 AM by BobHarris
Lorelei Level 1 Level 1
Can anyone advise me what is the best cell phone to use with a Macbook, aside from the Iphone? I have a number of Mac computers and an Ipad and don't need-- or want to pay for -- all the redundant features. I actually want a phone for phoning, can you imagine?

My Palm Centro worked fine until it disappeared. Any advice welcome.

TIA

MacBook 7, 2.4 GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.5), 2 GB memory
Solved by sig on Feb 18, 2011 11:50 AM Solved
Then what I would do first is determine which provider has the best phone service as well as the best customer service for your area and the locales you will inhibit. Then research their phones with your criteria and budget.

P.S. The iPhone 3GS from AT&T is $49.
  • sig Level 8 Level 8
    expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X
    Just to ask that if you just want a phone for phoning in what way, what functions must it work with a MacBook? Who is your service provider? What simple phones do they have?
  • Lorelei Level 1 Level 1
    Good question. I guess it is not necessary. But I am so used to synching calendar events and contacts, I don't think I can revert all the way back to first generation phones!

I have been with Verizon but am a free agent now. I am starting over with a free slate.
  • sig Level 8 Level 8
    expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X
    Then what I would do first is determine which provider has the best phone service as well as the best customer service for your area and the locales you will inhibit. Then research their phones with your criteria and budget.

P.S. The iPhone 3GS from AT&T is $49.
  • Lorelei Level 1 Level 1
    Thanks for your help. I think I will go with the AT&T bargain!
  • Templeton Peck Level 9 Level 9
    Can anyone advise me what is the best cell phone to use with a Macbook, aside from the Iphone?

No. Nobody can advise you of that. What's best is based on your needs...which are different than everybody else.
  • denafromyorba linda Level 1 Level 1

I would like to re- submit this question. I want a smartphone smart enough to sync with my iPad and MacBook. Is there an app for that? iPhone is not me cup of tea. I know, sacrilidge!

• BobHarris Level 6 Level 6

denafromyorba linda

this is a very old thread. You should start a new thread, and then specify what things you want to sync. Without knowing you sync desires it is impossible to guess what non-iPhone might be best. Otherwise the answer is get an iPhone, as it. will sync everything.