0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2011 5:56 AM by MalcW
MalcW Level 1 Level 1 (30 points)
I have created a number of albums in My Gallery from within iPhoto with the intention of letting the (extensive) family view them without my having to e-mail them etc. This has and is working fine. To save even more time I thought that the option to subscribe to the Galleries would be a good idea. I assumed that if you subscribed to the Gallery then every time I would change or add/delete an album etc from the Gallery this would notify anyone who was subscribed. In order to try it out I simply logged onto My Gallery via the browser (as would anyone else) and "Subscribed". This gave me an RSS feed that I added to my Bookmarks bar in the same way that I have other RSS feeds. The problem I have is that the other feeds show a number next to the title letting me know how many "unread" items I have in that folder. So if the number changes I know I have a new "item". But I don't seem to get the same notification for the RSS feed for My Gallery when I go in and add/delete/change etc a photo from within iPhoto and then re-publish. Hence it doesn't seem to be informing me of any changes..?

My idea here was for me to try it first before I try my (undoubtedly PC) other users next. But it doesn't seem to work. Is there a trick to this or a series of step I need to follow etc?

Thanks for anyone who has resolved this or can help

MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz, 250GB drive. 4GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Using external Cinema Display