Skip navigation

Moving photos into iPhoto library folder.

1300 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2011 1:54 PM by Ayabara RSS
Ayabara Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 19, 2011 12:28 PM
When I started out with iPhoto I told it to leave my photos where they were on disk, since I also used Picasa to view them. Now I've decided that I want to let iPhoto keep them in its library, but I've done a great deal of facetagging that I don't want to lose. Is there a way to move the photos into iPhotos library?

Additional question: is there a way to save the face-information as iptc/xmp-keywords?
MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.7)
  • Terence Devlin Level 10 Level 10 (121,630 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 19, 2011 12:54 PM (in response to Ayabara)
    When you run a Referenced Library ("with iPhoto I told it to leave my photos where they were on disk") the app makes an alias to the location of the actual files.

Heretofore we used recommend AliasHerder as an application that will replace these aliases with the actual files, and so preserve your Library and all your work in it.

However I have no idea if it will also work with 11 - though it should. It's certainly worth a try.

As always: back up first.

Additional question: is there a way to save the face-information as iptc/xmp-keywords?

Well you can use Faces to group your photos and add keywords to them based on that. Is that what you mean ?

regards

TD
    MacBook Pro 15 2.4 i5 / iMac 20" 2.66 C2D, Mac OS X (10.6), 4 gig RAM/ 4 gig RAM

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.