Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Log In to App Store

The App Store hangs when I try to log in or purchase an app. I can get to the create new account window, but not the sign in. I've logged out and back in to the iTunes store, but that doesn't help. I can still purchase things from there, though.

I don't have any other persistent programs running in the background, so I'm at a loss here.

MacBookPro, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Feb 20, 2011 9:48 AM

9 replies

Feb 21, 2011 11:47 PM in response to Ben Donaldson

I am facing the same problem as you are.

I cannot seems to access the Apple Apps Store.

Bad Luck! I have to back up all my files.

And you what. I format the harddisk and reinstall back again.

Apple Screwed up.

None of the method that they mentioned to me works.

Nothing works.

Nothing.

Trust me. Backup all your file. Format the harddisk. Install the Apple Mac OS X 10.6.6 which is 1.06 GB and reinstall it and do Apple Software updates.

That will work.

For more info please go to http://appletoolbox.com for issues.

That is my recommendation.

There are others. Go to www.cnet.com/macfixit

Mar 17, 2011 11:02 AM in response to bignate256

Alright I've noticed it's been almost a month since this has happened. Apple Forum Support is a joke, I'm sorry but it is if it's been this long and no one has found a better way then wiping the harddrive and reinstalling. So far I'm labeling App Store as junkware until an updated version of the App Store comes out to address this problem. For now I'm taking it off of my laptop.

Message was edited by: bignate256

Jul 22, 2011 6:39 PM in response to Ben Donaldson

This has been plaging me for a few now as well, and eventually I worked out the cause was that Little Snitch was set to deny 'storeagent'.

If you have Little Snitch installed, fire up the Little Snitch Configuration, then check that 'storeagent' is not set to deny it; if it is, edit the rule to allow it, then close the App Store and restart it. The username and password fields then finally displayed for me and I was able to log in without any issues.

Sep 10, 2012 10:28 AM in response to JetSetStephen

Thank you JetSetStephen this worked for me. Checked my Little Snitch configuration and it was set to allow App Store but not storeagent.

Its kind of hard to spot too because it doesn't have the App Store icon (looks like the terminal icon). Once I allowed Store Agent I could sign in to the App Store. Much appreciated Stephen becuase it was driving me nuts 🙂

Can't Log In to App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.