Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovering lost iTunes library

My husband is a PC and I am a MAC.
He has lost his entire iTunes music library from his PC, after making a purchase from iTunes Store. His library is still on his iPod.
The message says his iPod is synched with another computer. He has never plugged his iPod into another computer. He has downloaded/synched all purchases but wants all his other music that was downloaded from CD's.

How can he fix this?

Notes: I recently added Apple TV to the household and have several shared computers. My iTunes library is tied to the Apple TV. We tried to add his library, but did not succeed. Not sure if this caused problem?

Thank you!

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6), iPhone, Apple TV, iMac, iPod

Posted on Feb 20, 2011 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2011 6:21 PM

It has always been very basic to always maintain a backup copy of your computer files/docs/pics/music/etc.

Use the backup to put everything back.

The music sync is one way - computer to ipod. The exception being itunes purchases.

You can try a forum search, as this is asked very often.

The forum search bar is on the right side of this page.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2011 6:21 PM in response to ridgwaymountaineer

It has always been very basic to always maintain a backup copy of your computer files/docs/pics/music/etc.

Use the backup to put everything back.

The music sync is one way - computer to ipod. The exception being itunes purchases.

You can try a forum search, as this is asked very often.

The forum search bar is on the right side of this page.

Recovering lost iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.