Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Godaddy SSL Problem - broken chain

Hey,
I have a broken chain between the server certificate and the intermediate certificate. You can see by going here: http://www.digicert.com/help/ and putting in: plantationflorist.com

Godaddy support was unable to fix and sent me instructions (for windows) on adding the Godaddy class 2 certificate, which I figured out and added. Did not help in any way.

They finally gave up and told me that I had a server misconfiguration... meaning they don't use macs and don't know how to fix it.

I am running 10.6.6 server on a mac mini server.

Any thoughts?

MacBook Pro, 27" IMac, Mac Mini Server, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 20, 2011 11:49 PM

9 replies

Feb 21, 2011 10:42 PM in response to Timothy Gurske

This is sure different than the experience we had with GoDaddy and their SSL Cert installation.

They gave us a document that walked us through all of it, there was only some syntactical differences in the names of the buttons or fields.

I take it they have already sent you to this page about how to install the intermediate and individual certs ?

http://community.godaddy.com/help/5722

Feb 22, 2011 8:55 AM in response to JavaBeanz

Hey, thanks for your reply.

We tried re-keying the certificate and went through that tutorial a few times and it didn't change anything. I was hoping they could give me some specifics on what was causing the problem but apparently they are not familiar with Apple products.

Probably going to have to cancel Godaddy and go with a company who can offer support for Apple products.

Feb 22, 2011 3:12 PM in response to Timothy Gurske

Timothy,

It appears you may have constructed your keychain using both our intermediate certificates and your issued certificates which may have caused your certificate chain to be recognized as invalid.

Our SSL team can take a look and go over these details with you. They also have a direct phone number 480-505-8852 and would be more than happy to give you a hand!

^Cj

Mar 11, 2011 8:56 PM in response to GoDaddyGuy

They were not able to help. They just walked me through the same instructions that do not work. They said that there is an issue with the server not accepting the intermediate and that I need to contact Apple.

I have two more SSL certificates that I need to purchase and install. I would like to buy through GoDaddy for the value but it appears as if the instructions and tutorials are flawed.

Godaddy SSL Problem - broken chain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.