Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express ; Airtunes via ethernet not working...

Hi there,

I have a problem with my airport and I can't find any solution online...I explain. I have an airport express (version 7.5.2) connected to my network on ethernet. The airport is connected to a router in bridge mode.
When I want to listen music with my laptop on Wifi it work perfectly but I can't make my desktop computer, which is also connected to the router via ethernet, detect the speaker with Airlay and I can't find why !
I already tried to disable firewall of course but no luck...
The only possible cause I see is that perhaps IPV6 is needed to make it work ??

Any explanation ?

Thks

Custom, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 21, 2011 3:06 PM

4 replies

Feb 21, 2011 7:20 PM in response to Kaipi Yann

Kaipi Yann wrote:
When I want to listen music with my laptop on Wifi it work perfectly but I can't make my desktop computer, which is also connected to the router via ethernet, detect the speaker with Airplay

Welcome to Apple's discussion groups.

Are your laptop and desktop computers and AirPort Express all on the same LAN "subnet"? In other words, if the IP address of one is 10.0.1.4, do the other IP addresses start with 10.0.1?

Feb 10, 2013 3:43 PM in response to Kaipi Yann

Your laptop presumably is connecting via Wifi directly to the Airport Express. From the perspective of the AE, it is on the LAN side. Your AE is connected via eithernet to the rest of your network. From the perspective of the AE, this is on the WAN side.

Use Airport Utility to check the settings of the AE.

1) Select the Airport Express Device

2) Click Manual Setup

3) From the icons across the top, click "Music"

4) Is the "Enable Airplay over WAN" checkbox checked? I'm guessing probably not. Click that checkbox and update the AE (it will restart). You should then be able to see it from the WAN/ethernet side.

Airport Express ; Airtunes via ethernet not working...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.