Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mini-DVI to Video Adapter - Can't get it to work!

Bought the Apple Mini-DVI to Video Adapter to hook up my Macbook to my TV. I tried it when it first arrived and it worked within minutes of setting up. Great! I go to set it up and use it again a week later, and it wouldn't work at all. I went through every possible setting I could to try and get it to work, nothing. Do these things have a tendency to go out or short out or something? I'm getting nothing but scrambled screens, grey screens, etc. Nothing seems to work.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/M9319G/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY

Any other solutions for playing my laptop on my TV?

MacBook 2,1 Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 21, 2011 6:35 PM

4 replies

Feb 21, 2011 6:44 PM in response to Rob Gorczyca1

well, I don't know if this answers my own question:

* This adapter is not compatible with the 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo white MacBook introduced in January 2009.

I looked in my settings, my Macbook says: Processor Speed: 2 GHz (doesn't say 2.0Ghz, just 2 GHz), but I'm assuming it's the same thing.

Is there another solution I should be looking at here? Any suggestions?

Feb 22, 2011 2:31 PM in response to Rob Gorczyca1

Hey Rob,

Is your profile information accurate? The MacBook 2,1 was introduced in November of 2006 and discontinued in May of 2007, so the mini-DVI to video adapter ought to work.

What, exactly, do you see on your screen? Are all of the connections nice and snug? Do you have another RCA cable you can try? You can use a white or red one if you want; they all will work as long as you're connecting the video adapter to the yellow port on the TV.

~Lyssa

Apple Mini-DVI to Video Adapter - Can't get it to work!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.