Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 Phone app unresponsive, buggy, and causing severe battery drain

My iPhone 4 phone app has become very buggy. I open the phone app, it takes long to display and then when i'm scrolling the contacts it freezes, then unfreezes. Also, when navigating to favorites, voicemail, or keypad, it freezes, even when I am typing a phone number in. I had also noticed that my battery was dying extremely quickly while on standby. I noticed that if I killed the phone app, the battery wouldn't die quickly but if I left it in the background then the battery would die withing half a day. My battery before this would last 2 days. This is insane and is a real nuisance when i need to make a phone call it takes forever. Has anyone had something like this happen? Any suggestions? I tried a hard reset but that didn't work.

Mac Mini Intel 2010, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 22, 2011 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2011 10:16 AM

umm..i guess most of the solution would be like this....

- try turn off and turn on the iphone..

- try hold the sleep button and home button for 10 secs , until the apple logo appears..

- try restore the phone to factory settings

- try set up as new phone

is that any app that are running on the background that makes your phone unresponsive. perhaps the app is taking too much space?
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2011 10:16 AM in response to Lessandro

umm..i guess most of the solution would be like this....

- try turn off and turn on the iphone..

- try hold the sleep button and home button for 10 secs , until the apple logo appears..

- try restore the phone to factory settings

- try set up as new phone

is that any app that are running on the background that makes your phone unresponsive. perhaps the app is taking too much space?

Feb 23, 2011 4:16 AM in response to AdrianVamps

So I was trying to avoid having to restore my iPhone from backup and from new so what I noticed is that the address book app was also buggy. I use google sync for everything so I tried unsyncing my contacts from google sync since you said that there may be an app taking too much space. It turns out, that once I unsynced the problem went away. I had about 500 contacts so I'm cutting that down and resyncing. However when I clicked sync contacts again, I didn't see the app sync the contacts. I wonder if there is a problem with my google sync syncing the contacts.

Feb 23, 2011 1:13 PM in response to Lessandro

Hi
I have exactly the same issue. Phone app unresponsive (it takes 10 seconds before it react to any action) and Iphone battery going down very quickly but in my case I’m not working with google to sync the contact but MSexchange. I also found the contact app to be slow.
all the others apps are working pretty fine.

anyone has an idea?
lessandro did you solved it?

thanks

Feb 23, 2011 1:20 PM in response to CESNET

I have my gmail, google calendar and contacts synced through the exchange server option. I unsynced the address book from the exchange and my phone app became usable again without any problems. I did notice that my mail app was not pushing the mail to me even though i have it to use push and that the calendars weren't syncing to my online calendars. My battery kept dying quickly until i killed the mail app. So with the mail app killed and with the address book unsynced i seem to have no problems. I'm going to try to delete my exchange account and re-add it and see what happens.

iPhone 4 Phone app unresponsive, buggy, and causing severe battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.