Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Destination Keyboard Shortcut doesn't work

I have a Logic Final Cut Pro Keyboard. In FCP, when I go to customize keyboard under Tools, I can see that F7 and F8 are the keyboard shortcuts for setting the destination audio to A1 and A2. And Shift F7 and Shift F8 are supposed to clear the destination audio. The shortcut to clear using the Shift works just fine, but F7 and F8 with no modifier keys will not do anything. I've tried unchecking, in System Preferences under Keyboard, the option to use all Function keys as standard function keys, but that doesn't seem to have any affect. Any suggestions? thanks

Mac Pro 12 Core, Mac OS X (10.6.6), using FCP 7

Posted on Feb 22, 2011 11:04 AM

5 replies

Feb 22, 2011 2:34 PM in response to Nick Holmes

Nick Holmes wrote:
Logic make keycaps and silicon covers with FCP shortcuts printed onto them. They use stock Apple 'boards.

Oh.
Looking down at my fingertips in action, I see that I am, indeed, typing on an FCP-specific logickeyboard™. I love these guys! A major conversation starter when clients enter the room!

No clue why your shortcuts don't work.

bogiesan

Mar 29, 2013 3:57 PM in response to macambassador

Hey macambassador!

So I've had this same problem for quite some time and know that you posted a couple years ago but I finally found the solution and thought I would share.

When you press F7 to set Audio Destination one, you must also press the corresponding Track # that you would like to set the Destination to.

For example, to set A1 to track 4, press F7 + 4 at the same time.

And if you have F7 set to some other task in your System Preferences, simply add the Fn (Function) key, thus the solution to the same task above would be Fn +F7 + 4.

I hate even touching my mouse or trackpad so hopefully if you haven't found it out already this will help you speed up your editing even faster.

The same solution goes for Audio Destination 2 and Video Destination.

Audio Destination Keyboard Shortcut doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.