Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 11 - Still pics in project

I'm working on a movie project using stills. To my surprise, when adding a still which I had reworked in iPhoto (touch up, resized, etc.) it does NOT add the reworked version, but falls back to the original version. Curiously, when I select the picture in iMovie, it shows the reworked version but when I add it to the project it is the old version.
What am I doing wrong?
It never happened in iMovie 9.
Can anyone help me. Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6), iMovie 11

Posted on Feb 22, 2011 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2011 3:54 PM

I have had this happen once. I solved it by duplicating the photo, deleting the first version from my photo library, then inserting the 'new' photo into my iMovie project. However, I was working from photos stored in my Aperture library, so I don't know if the same solution will work for you in iPhoto. But you might give it a try. Good luck.
PS. I had never had this happen before either.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2011 3:54 PM in response to thlmuc

I have had this happen once. I solved it by duplicating the photo, deleting the first version from my photo library, then inserting the 'new' photo into my iMovie project. However, I was working from photos stored in my Aperture library, so I don't know if the same solution will work for you in iPhoto. But you might give it a try. Good luck.
PS. I had never had this happen before either.

Feb 25, 2011 8:32 AM in response to sauble

Thank you for your help. I did try with iPhoto and it did work.
But what a job! I am working on a project using a lot of old digitalized slides, which ALL need to be reworked.
There must be another solution and as it never happened in iM 9, I think it is a problem of iM 11 along with the issue of setting durations.
Hopefully this will be solved soon.

Message was edited by: thlmuc

iMovie 11 - Still pics in project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.