Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems syncing songs selectively

When I first got my iPod Touch, I started syncing my entire iTunes library, then change my mind and cancelled because I wanted to do it selectively. By this time, I had a lot of unwanted music so I went to Settings and deleted all my data and settings to begin again.

I then went to iTunes and UNchecked every single song. To start syncing the songs I wanted, I checked the songs of one artist only. But my iPod Touch refuses to sync them. When I turn on my iPod, iTunes no longer opens. When I open it manually and try to sync.... it says it's doing it, but doesn't. HELP PLEASE!

Mac mini 1.42, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Feb 23, 2011 8:55 AM

2 replies

Feb 23, 2011 11:52 AM in response to jap0nica

Hello jap0nica,

Since you are only wanting to sync songs and videos with tick marks, make sure you have the *Sync Only Checked songs and videos* option ticked from under your iPod's Summary tab as well.

If that is already the case, what configurations have you made from under the Music tab?

As for iTunes no longer opening, have you checked to make sure the *Open iTunes when this iPod is connected* option ticked from under the Summary tab?

B-rock

Feb 23, 2011 2:42 PM in response to planb77

As this forum was temporarily shut down, I went straight to Apple Tech Support. After 30 minutes of various walk-throughs, the solution was found: I had to check syncing the ENTIRE LIBRARY - even though I only wanted certain songs. Apparently the entire library is considered to be only the songs that are checked! Very confusing. But all is well.

problems syncing songs selectively

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.