Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes freezes after upgrading to Windows 7 SP1 German

Hey there,
since Microsoft has released Windows 7 SP1 x64 today, I've installed this update. Now after booting and starting iTunes, the iTunes window pops up, but the covers do not load and iTunes doesn't react at all. Now when I disconnect my iPhone 4 it immediately starts reacting again. When I then connect my iPhone it freezes again. Though when I start playing some music and then connect the iPhone, the music keeps running. I do have the same Problem when I attach an iPod touch instead of the iPhone!
Any Help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Dennis

Custom, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1

Posted on Feb 23, 2011 1:09 PM

89 replies

Feb 24, 2011 2:52 AM in response to jc onte

I have had the same problem. Tried uninstalling iTunes, etc. and still had the same issue. Uninstalled SP1 and everything was back to normal. Reported it to an Apple Express Agent. In a return call, he said that they confirmed this to be a problem and to watch the forums to see when a fix is made available. I guess for now, we can't use SP1 if we want our Apple Devices to Sync with iTunes on Windows 7.

My environment is win7 64bit

Mar 1, 2011 3:42 AM in response to RJ_Fish

I've uninstalled the "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" as RJ_Fish suggested and after connecting the iPhone it was recognized again. iTunes worked once and froze up again after unplugging and plugging in the iPhone.

I've also tried reinstalling the Apple USB driver as indicated on one of the support pages of Apple (by pointing to the actual USB .inf file), but that didn't work either.

iTunes freezes after upgrading to Windows 7 SP1 German

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.