Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari: Autofill "clear all" button not working

Hi

My iPhone4 is on iOS 4.2.1(8C148).
I have had autofill enabled for some time and now I want to clear all the usernames and passwords it has saved, but using the "clear all" button under the autofill settings is not doing it. An example is the Google GMail login page that is still being filled up automatically. I have restarted the device, cleared te coockies and cache and nothing seems to do the trick.

I appreciate some help with this.

Thank you.

PC: Intel Core2Duo E6850 3.6Ghz, Windows Vista, Other: iPhone 4, Laptop: Macbook 2008

Posted on Feb 24, 2011 11:23 AM

5 replies

Mar 10, 2011 9:30 AM in response to DavidG74

I have this exact same problem. It appears to be a bug in iOS where the Autofill for Usernames and Passwords doesn't clear when you click on the Clear All button.

This is a pretty worrying security hole. Can anyone replicate this issue?

This problem has occured in 4.2 and is still present in 4.3. It probably happened in earlier builds as well, but I never noticed until now.

Mar 13, 2011 10:09 PM in response to xterm2007

Do you all have the problem with several sites or just Google? In my case the only page that I have discovered (until now) that is misbehaving is Google.

Can this be because I have Google calendar and mail configured on the iPhone? Under my eyes there should not be any relationship between these configurations and the browser auto fill function.

Safari: Autofill "clear all" button not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.