Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing external USB drive

Hi, in my iTunes library all the movies and series TV are linked (imported into iTunes library holding down the OPTION key) to an external USB drive, they resides in two specific folders:
- MOVIES
- SERIES TV

The index path of one of them (i.e.) is something like .../HDEXT01/MOVIES/movie.mp4.

I bought a new external USB drive, more capacity, and my aim is to move ALL the data from the older external USB drive to the newer, assuming the new external USB drive will be named HDEXT02 how should I do to achieve the goal of preserving index path of each

iMac late '09 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 24, 2011 11:56 AM

1 reply

Feb 25, 2011 3:19 AM in response to dalrmi

Find myself User uploaded file

http://hifiblog.com/past/2006/05/11/howto-move-your-itunes-music-while-preservin g-library-data-when-you-dont-let-itunes-manage-your-music-library/

The only issue I've found is iTunes didn't retain the "Support Type" option: after the change all my movies belonged to "Movie", I lost those were setup as "Series TV" but I corrected them very quickly.

I put the solution for other users in case of necessity...

Regards, Roberto.

Changing external USB drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.