Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork Pages vs. Pages app

I have iWork Pages installed on my MacBook and the App Store shows it as "Installed".

Can I "freely" download the Pages app on my Mac Mini computer and install it or do I need to install the entire iWorks package on my Mini?

If so, how do I do it? My attempts to do it show the the "Buy" button. Thanks.

Two iPads, a MacBook and a Mac Mini and an old PowerBook G4, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 24, 2011 1:59 PM

3 replies

Feb 24, 2011 4:06 PM in response to RoyWagner

Roy,

I think we're all learning as we go on these issues. In the AppStore app, if you click the Purchases icon what do you see. I think there will be a difference between Installed and Purchased depending on how you got the app. I think that Purchased will get you free dups, but Installed probably will not. Let us know how it works out for you if you figure it out through experimentation.

Jerry

Feb 25, 2011 8:49 PM in response to RoyWagner

I don't think the Mac App Store differentiates between installed vs purchase & installed. I have a few apps such as the iWork '09 one that were installed long before there was a Mac App Store & several I've purchased through the Mac App Store. All of them say "Installed" although there are many that are available in the Mac App Store that I purchased previously that don't show "Installed."

I read some where that that has to do with how the programmer codes the store listings but I'm not clear on the details. I have a couple of apps that show as Installed & the developer clearly states on their web site that the two, Mac App Store & separately purchased, are not interchangeable.

User uploaded file

iWork Pages vs. Pages app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.