When we try to control-click and move to trash network folders, we're getting the behavior that drops us back to the root of the /Volumes folder, which shows both local and network server drives.
I think my users are typically selecting a network folder and just tapping the delete icon on the top of the bar. Of course it only happens in column view, which is primarily what everyone uses.
Has this behavior changed in 10.7?
This issue is annoying on this 10.7.4 mac.
Working from two different macs (the other is 10.6.8) at work and this one is the one having this issue.
Both computers accessing a folder on the network and in list view, it jumps. First time I've ever seen that happen and I've been on macs since 1995.
- turning off calculate by date doesn't work.
- copying files to another folder is not an option.
- just opening the folder to a new window and then closing it causes the jumpiness.
- deleting a folder causes the jumping.
- turning off spring loaded doesn't fix it.
- having just only name in list view doesn't help.
- this doesn't happen on the other macs accessing the same folder on the server
odd thing, is sometimes it does it and sometimes not. weird.
this jumping is annoying because I'll accidently double click on the wrong folder.