Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad just won't sync!

OK can't sync this thing, I often try to sync my iPad but all it does 99% of the time is sync 1 of 6 steps (in the display at the top middle of iTunes) on one occasion I left this device syncing for EIGHT HOURS and all I got was this message. Eventually I had to false quit iTunes.

The latest sync now tells me "iTunes could not back up the iPad because a session could not be started" What on Earth is going on!? Tried restoring my iPad, no help Tried re-starting my iPad, no use.
What can I do to fix this?

17" Powerbook, 13"Macbook (Alu), 24" iMac, (IIci), Mac OS X (10.5.8), iPhone 1G +2G, 11 iPods

Posted on Feb 25, 2011 5:24 AM

27 replies

Feb 25, 2011 7:29 AM in response to Anthony Robinson2

Anthony Robinson2 wrote:
Tried restoring my iPad, no help Tried re-starting my iPad, no use.
What can I do to fix this?

But did you try resetting the iPad?

Try a hard reset by pressing and holding down on the sleep button at the top of the iPad while holding down on the home button at the bottom, until the Apple logo appears and the iPad restarts. Then try to sync.

Feb 27, 2011 3:09 PM in response to Anthony Robinson2

Have you considered putting it into recovery mode?
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4097
This is an offshoot of the article that Carolyn recommended. This article does mention ... if your progress bar is stuck for more than 10 minutes. Maybe you should consider this. You have to restore after this step. Wish I had another answer for you other than a trip to the Genius Bar.

Apr 14, 2011 3:40 AM in response to Anthony Robinson2

OK STILL getting error messages when trying to sync my iPad. It now tells me "cannot sync iPad because an error occurred" This is a joke! All I'm trying to do is sync the **** thing, I've tried hard resets and all the rest of it but no use. I'm really not keen on the idea of restoring the thing as it will then lose all my scores and stats in the device.

HELP!

Apr 19, 2011 2:38 PM in response to Chrissy Y

OK STILL getting error messages when trying to sync my iPad. It now tells me "cannot sync iPad because an error occurred" This is a joke! All I'm trying to do is sync the **** thing, I've tried hard resets and all the rest of it but no use. I'm really not keen on the idea of restoring the thing as it will then lose all my scores and stats in the device.

HELP!

Also did the iTunes update & iPad update, everything was fine when I updated the iPad software,(worked again) as soon as I updated the iTunes software afterwards it stopped working again.

This is really dumb as I'm trying to sync an Apple iPad with an Apple computer. *** is going on Apple!!!!???

Apr 19, 2011 4:14 PM in response to Anthony Robinson2

Hi,

also happens to me, with Windows 7-64b, latest itunes installed and iPad updated to current iOS version (i achieved to sync once in 15 days after desabling antivirus NIS 2011, but never more achieved...)

It is supposed that today's upgrade on iTunes version was addressing this kind of problem, but not at all.

It is funny, but my ipod nano it is synced perfectly, not any problem. but ipad starts connecting, let's iTunes stuck for 4-5 minutes and later nothing into iTunes, no device.

I have tried all solutions, including full uninstall of itunes and all the stuff related up to 9 times in the last days, but nothing to do.

Do I need to pay for Apple care for a problem that have caused themselves? Are they going to do something to address this upsetting problem with the sync? Maybe it will be a solution to restore completely my ipad?

Let's see if some on can find a workaround...

C.

iPad just won't sync!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.