Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using email address for iPhone FaceTime

If I want to call someone on FaceTime, I usually would not know if they are on their Mac, iPad, iPod or iPhone, so I would prefer just to use their FaceTime email address rather than having to try their phone number first.

Does calling a FaceTime email address mean that all of the recipients Macs and devices will ring at once - including the iPhone? I hope so, otherwise it means two FaceTime calls instead of one in many cases.

Does anyone know the answer or have an opinion or suggestion?

MacBook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 26, 2011 6:52 AM

6 replies

Mar 3, 2011 2:22 PM in response to Scott Litch

Scott Litch wrote:
This seems pertty dumb. I Hope iOS brings a secondary option to add a Facetime e-mail address to the iPhone, that way it will ring my iMac, MacBook, and iPhone at once.

Hello Scott

You are NOT writing to Apple here: http://discussions.apple.com/help.jspa

You can offer suggestions for FaceTime improvement directly to Apple from:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

You will not get a response, but you can be certain that the responsible

Apple people will see your input for consideration in future products.

EZ User uploaded file Jim

Mac Pro Quad Core (Early 2009) 2.93Ghz Mac OS X (10.6.6); MacBook Pro (13 inch, Mid 2009) 2.26GHz (10.6.6)
LED Cinema Display; G4 PowerBook 1.67GHz (10.4.11); iBookSE 366MHz (10.3.9); External iSight; iPod4touch4.2.1

Mar 3, 2011 5:12 PM in response to Scott Litch

Interesting fact. I had 2 laptops online last night with same facetime email ID. They both rang when someone called me. Made it very confusing to figure out which room to run to.

The fact my iPhone still WILL NOT ACTIVATE on tmobile since Im back in country is FRUSTRATING. IT worked twice before and each time i replace the sim i go through this.

Ur right EMAIL is a better solution! especially when we travel a lot AND switch sims upon landing. Means NO ONE has our CURRENT facetime number!!

Using email address for iPhone FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.