Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect to Bluetooth Headset

I have a bluetooth headset (SoundID 510) that I am trying to connect with my iMac, and it's just not working.

The headset pairs fine, but subsequently, it disconnects and does not reconnect as it should when a call comes through on Skype or other VoIP software.

The headset supports Bluetooth 2.1, EDR, eSCO, A2DP, MultiPoint and works flawlessly with my iPhone. This is actually the third headset I've tried in the last month. The previous two being a Platronics and a Bose model, both of which did not work either. Does Mac OSX not support bluetooth headsets?

I'm getting the following errors in the console:

Feb 26 09:50:01 iMaci7 blued[17]: Incoming RFCOMM channel: 2 - for service: 'Hands-Free Audio Gateway' - Transient - target: /System/Library/CoreServices/BluetoothAudioAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/BluetoothAu dioAgent
Feb 26 09:50:03 iMaci7 BluetoothAudioAgent[940]: [prepareSCOAudioServices] Failed to start audio 5
Feb 26 09:50:03 iMaci7 BluetoothAudioAgent[940]: Couldn't find the device?
Feb 26 09:50:15 iMaci7 blued[17]: Incoming RFCOMM channel: 2 - for service: 'Hands-Free Audio Gateway' - Transient - target: /System/Library/CoreServices/BluetoothAudioAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/BluetoothAu dioAgent
Feb 26 09:50:16 iMaci7 BluetoothAudioAgent[941]: Couldn't find the device?
Feb 26 09:50:26 iMaci7 blued[17]: Incoming RFCOMM channel: 2 - for service: 'Hands-Free Audio Gateway' - Transient - target: /System/Library/CoreServices/BluetoothAudioAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/BluetoothAu dioAgent
Feb 26 09:50:26 iMaci7 BluetoothAudioAgent[942]: Couldn't find the device?
Feb 26 09:50:37 iMaci7 blued[17]: Incoming RFCOMM channel: 2 - for service: 'Hands-Free Audio Gateway' - Transient - target: /System/Library/CoreServices/BluetoothAudioAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/BluetoothAu dioAgent
Feb 26 09:50:37 iMaci7 BluetoothAudioAgent[943]: Couldn't find the device?

Any help would be great. Thanks,

Mark

iMac i7, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 8 GB RAM

Posted on Feb 26, 2011 6:57 AM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2011 9:34 AM in response to Julian Wright

Is it possible that Mac OSX does not support multi-point properly then? Because, yes, you are right, I can pair my iMac exclusively to my headset, with no problem. But as soon as the headset is multi-point paired to my iPhone at the same time, things go wonky. I actually had three Kernel Panics as a result, which, well, I can't remember the last time I had a panic.

Unable to connect to Bluetooth Headset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.