Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

direct printing, mobile

I am needing to print directly to a printer in my truck. My hope is that the ipad will print to a blutooth printer, or something. There has to be a solution to this. I can't be the only person wanting to print in the field. Anyone know anything?

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 28, 2011 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2011 11:36 AM

Floridah2o-

If anyone knows, they are probably bound by a non-disclosure agreement. Wait and see what is announced Thursday, 3/3/2011. The rumor is that iPad 2 will be announced, but there could also be an update to the iOS.

As it stands, the iPad can not print via Bluetooth, and there are no Bluetooth printers with AirPrint capability. One option would be to use an AirPrint printer powered by an inverter wired to your vehicle's battery. The printer would be set up in Ad Hoc WiFi mode, so you wouldn't need a router or an internet connection.

It may be too soon for HP to produce a portable AirPrint printer, but they know we are interested!

Fred
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2011 11:36 AM in response to floridah2o

Floridah2o-

If anyone knows, they are probably bound by a non-disclosure agreement. Wait and see what is announced Thursday, 3/3/2011. The rumor is that iPad 2 will be announced, but there could also be an update to the iOS.

As it stands, the iPad can not print via Bluetooth, and there are no Bluetooth printers with AirPrint capability. One option would be to use an AirPrint printer powered by an inverter wired to your vehicle's battery. The printer would be set up in Ad Hoc WiFi mode, so you wouldn't need a router or an internet connection.

It may be too soon for HP to produce a portable AirPrint printer, but they know we are interested!

Fred

direct printing, mobile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.