Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you change patches in performance?

Well, here I am, asking 2 questions in one day... 🙂

Even though I'm a long-time Logic user, I'm very, very new to Mainstage. In fact, I'm using it for the first time next week on a gig. It's a theater-pit gig.

From your experience, what's the best way to trigger patch changes on Main Stage during a performance? For my gig next week, it's a pretty simple set-up, so I may just use the computer keyboard's up/down arrows. But I know that's not very practical on most gigs, especially when you have multiple patch changes per song. And if it goes well for this gig, I'm definitely going to use Mainstage on a summer theater pit gig that is a good-paying, 4-month run. But, it'll be a much more complicated set-up, and will undoubtedly require me to make hands-free patch changes in the middle of songs.

Thoughts?

Kevin

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Mac Pro 2.26 GHz 12 GB RAM, Logic Pro 9.1.3, Finale 2008

Posted on Mar 1, 2011 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2011 1:00 AM

HI

Several options here:

You could MIDI Learn some controller buttons on your keyboard to choose next/previous patch.

You could map all the patches to MIDI Program Change messages sent from your kbd.

If you need true "hands-free", you could invest in a set of MIDI footpedals that send PG or CC messages.

HTH

CCT
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2011 1:00 AM in response to kevinmathie

HI

Several options here:

You could MIDI Learn some controller buttons on your keyboard to choose next/previous patch.

You could map all the patches to MIDI Program Change messages sent from your kbd.

If you need true "hands-free", you could invest in a set of MIDI footpedals that send PG or CC messages.

HTH

CCT

How do you change patches in performance?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.