1163 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 1, 2011 4:01 PM by Pondini
I'm going to buy a new Macbook Pro.
I would like to transfert all my stuff by means of Migration Assistant
Hi, and welcome to the forums.
Your best bet, by far, is to use +Setup Assistant+ when the new one first starts up. See [Setting up a new Mac from an old one or its backups|http://web.me.com/pondini/AppleTips/Setup.html] (or use the link in *User Tips* at the top of this forum).
but I wuold like to know if:
- this way of migration deletes data on older mac?
- is it possible to transfert documents or also programs?
Yes, documents, user accounts, apps, pretty much everything.
- software like the cs5 duite of Adobe can be migrated with the Assistant?
- MS Office 2011 must be reinstalled or can be migrated with the Assistant?
I don't use either, so can't say for sure. Most apps will transfer ok, but some complex apps may not. See the pink *Transferring Applications* box in the +Setup Assistant+ link for details.
- my older MacBook has a bootcamp partition: have I to reinstall it completely?
Yes. +Setup Assistant+ and +Migration Assistant+ work on OSX only.