Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Send email drafted in Outlook via iPhone

Hi everyone,

Sometimes I need to draft an email in Outlook on my laptop and then send it later using my iPhone (as I am travelling and do not want to boot-up my laptop).
I create the email and it is placed in the Draft-folder in Outlook.

When opening the Draft-folder on the iPhone, I see the email but I do not have any options to send or format the email.

Is it possible to send emails from the draft folder via the iPhone?

The system settings are:
iPhone 4 - iOS 4.0.2
Outlook 2007
Exchange server

Dell, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 2, 2011 4:10 AM

11 replies

Jul 11, 2013 9:16 AM in response to Ilse Giesing

This is an interesting question and one that I am seeing different options on the various phone platforms we are testing in our company. We have an Exchange 2010 environment and testing with 3 mobile OS's (Windows Phone 8, Android 4.2.x S.A.F.E. phones & iOS 6.1.x) and seeing 3 different results.

iOS devices (native email client) - able to see all drafts created in Outlook (syncing 3 months of email), but cannot send them (only Forward, Reply & Print).

Android 4.2.x devices (native mail client) - able to only see drafts created today, but can send, edit, forward and add addresses for To:, CC: ...

Windows Phone 8 devices (native email client) - able to see all drafts, send, edit and full functionality

Even changing the Outlook options to save draft emails to the Draft folder, Inbox and Sent - similar results. No settings in ActiveSync to limit drafts and no settings in our MDM Solution (AirWatch release 6.2.1.7) preventing this activity as well for any OS.

I would think that it is a mobile OS constraint and not EAS, since we are seeing varying results from the devices connecting all the same way.

Jul 17, 2013 5:25 PM in response to sholm

It's been two years since this was posted and its still an issue. Does apple not have any solutions to this? We are creating draft emails for our users which they were suppose to utilize the draft on their iPad once in the field which contained custom headers etc for routing purposes but this is lost if they can't send the original draft but only forward as the forward does not have those headers.

Does anyone know of a paid e-mail client that would have this functionality as the default mail client is obviously not functioning correctly.

Send email drafted in Outlook via iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.