Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Orphaned networking application??

I am having trouble with my computer sleeping and then waking up right away. I believe it is due to a orphaned networking application.

In Consule, I get a repeating message:

3/02/2011 6:19:29 PM com.apple.launchd[99] (de.novamedia.NML2NDeviceObserver[8536]) posix_spawn("/Applications/launch2net - Sony Ericsson Edition/launch2net - Sony Ericsson Edition.app/Contents/MacOS/NML2NDeviceObserver.app/Contents/MacOS/NML2NDeviceOb server", ...): No such file or directory
3/02/2011 6:19:29 PM com.apple.launchd[99] (de.novamedia.NML2NDeviceObserver[8536]) Exited with exit code: 1
3/02/2011 6:19:29 PM com.apple.launchd[99] (de.novamedia.NML2NDeviceObserver) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

And then of course 10 secs later the same thing.....

Anyone know how to get rid of this? The Sony app has been uninstalled, which is why there is no such file.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Mar 2, 2011 3:23 PM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2011 10:14 AM in response to ilanbigfoot

This error message is coming from launched which has been tasked with launching that application and keeping it running. I'm guessing that when you 'uninstalled' the app you just trashed it, which left launchd hanging.

The solution is fairly simple - find the offending launchd control file and trash it (or use the command line to unload it, so launchd doesn't try and start it).

Check /Library/LaunchDaemons and /System/Library/LaunchDaemons for a file that's probably called de.novamedia.NML2NDeviceObserver.plist
Throw this file away and reboot, then these messages will stop. I'm not going to say it'll fix your sleep problem, though - only time will tell there.

Orphaned networking application??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.