Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrading to iTunes 10.2 I get a constant error code

Hello,
Everything was just working perfectly fine, until I upgraded my Windows 7 x64 computer to the "new iTunes version 10.2" with Apple Software Update. The installation went fine, however, now everytime I launch iTunes I get the following message:
"An unknown error has occurred (-42032)"
I click OK and I can still use iTunes. But again, everytime I launch the application I get the same message.
I have tried uninstalling all Apple software, reinstalling again, rebuilding my whole library, everything. But I still get the horrible message. I'm becoming really frustrated with Apple products and a failure like this. How can I fix it?
Thanks
P.S. My Windows 7 x64 is a spanish version

MacBook 2.4 GHz / 2.6 GHz Intel i7 PC, Mac OS X (10.6.6), iPhone 3G 16 GB (iOS 4.2.1), Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 12:06 PM

I have the same problem with itunes 10.2 and I use windows 7 x64 too, but in a german version.
27 replies

Mar 4, 2011 3:32 AM in response to m_hamm

Same problem but using Windows 7 32 bit (German version).

De-installing and re-installing iTunes didn´t help.
I "downgraded" back to iTunes 10.1.2 and the error vanished.

polydorus wrote about how to do it:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2770922&tstart=0

On FileHippo go to the iTunes page. On the right you´ll see earlier versions.
And I had to replace my library file with the back-up version from yesterday.
(first support link)

Mar 5, 2011 4:54 PM in response to iPatsa

Same thing happened to me two days ago.
Bought 6 apps for the iphone but suddenly iTunes after the upgrade (with its error code mentioned above) insisted that two of my already bought apps suddenly didn´t belong to me. And insisted that I de-authorize my computer. With logging in grayed out....

If I close that window and log in, it says that my computer is already authorized.
Although I went back to iTunes 10.1.2 right now I´m afraid to connect my iphone to my win 7 computer...

I´m starting to feel that maybe I don´t want to rely on iTunes?

After upgrading to iTunes 10.2 I get a constant error code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.