Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print multiple photos on one page to printer

I am new to macs, and I can't figure out (using iphoto 11) how to just print multiple photos on one piece of 8 1/2 X 11 paper in my own printer at home. I want to choose the size of each picture (like one 4X6 and two wallets on one page. How do I do this? it seems I can only print one pic per page when I use the print function in iphoto. Please help! If i can't do this basic thing I feel like I just wasted a couple thousand dollars on a really expensive piece of junk.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 11:54 AM

Oh, by the way, I would like to print different pictures on one page, not just multiple copies of the same picture. I don't know if I made that clear.

Thanks!
20 replies

Mar 3, 2011 1:19 PM in response to frugalfly

To do what you want you'll need a 3rd party application like Portraits and Prints.

Any 3rd party image editor like one of those below can print any combination of photos on a single sheet.

Some Image Editors that support layers:

Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac - $79

GraphicConverter - $45

Rainbow Painter - $30

Imagerie - $38

Acorn - $50
Pixelmator - $60
Seashore - Free
Portraits and Prints - Free
GIMP for Mac - Free

You can print multiple photos of the same size on a single sheet with iPhoto 11. You'll have to select a print size that will fit the photos on the page in the numbers that you want. You should crop those photos to the needed size beforehand so there's no cropping done that you don't want.

User uploaded file

Mar 3, 2011 1:40 PM in response to frugalfly

Thanks for the help. I must say I'm disappointed, because the Mac was touted to me as a computer that has it all, that doesn't require extra software to do most things you want to do. I thought printing pictures to my own home printer would be a basic part of ANY photo software. I guess I'll stop recommending the Mac as a do-it-all that it obviously isn't.

Mar 3, 2011 1:45 PM in response to frugalfly

Thanks for the help. I must say I'm disappointed, because the Mac was touted to me as a computer that has it all, that doesn't require extra software to do most things you want to do. I thought printing pictures to my own home printer would be a basic part of ANY photo software. I guess I'll stop recommending the Mac as a do-it-all that it obviously isn't.

Mar 3, 2011 2:25 PM in response to frugalfly

You can not print different size photos on one page but you can print multiples of one photo in one size OR multiple different photos of the same size on one page

Select the photos and go to the file menu ==> print - select the printer, paper size, print size and click customize - under settings you can choose one per page, multiple photos per page or multiples of the same photo per page - click print again and select any printer specific options and click print to print

LN

Nov 26, 2011 5:59 AM in response to frugalfly

If you want 3 per sheet where 1 takes-up 1/2 of the space, and two split the other 1/2, then you can print multiple photos of different sizes on the same page:

1) Select the images you want to print (this might be easier if you place them in a temporary album specifically for this print project)

2) Select Print

3) Select one of the customizable formats (Simple Border, Simple Mat, Double Mat)

4) Click Customize

5) Click the "Layout" button at the bottom

6) Select the three photos per page

7) Select the layout

Not exactly what the OP is looking for, but it may be "good enough"

Nov 26, 2011 8:44 AM in response to frugalfly

For several photos on one page I use the following procedure: I mark the photos, then I create a Photo Book and create one page with the photos (maximal 16 photos/page depand on the choosen book type, details see /www.iphotobookthemes.com/pmwiki.php?n=Main.HomePage). After this I save the book as PDF and open the PDF-Book in Preview to print the appropriate page. Not so easy and a little time consuming, but it works.

Nov 30, 2011 3:02 PM in response to frugalfly

This is a detailed set of instructions I made for my mother to use. Hope it helps.

To print single or multiple photos in iPhoto

Open iPhoto

If photo(s) are not already in iPhoto then dragand drop into iPhoto

1. Locate photo(s)
  2. Select (highlight) photo(s)

1. Click File
  2. Click Print

New window pops up

1. Select border type on left side (standard, etc.)
  2. Select Print Size at bottom right (2x3, 3x5,etc.)
  3. Click Customize

1. New window opens
  2. On bottom right are new icons

1. IGNORE Print settings -are the options you chose in steps 7a, b & c
  2. IGNORE Themes - is thesame as step 7a
  3. IGNORE Background –ignore in most cases
  4. IGNORE Borders –default is 1 (use default in most cases)

Layout (select 1 or 3 in most cases)

1. 1is horizontal photo
  2. IGNORE 2 is horizontal photo with text below
  3. 3is vertical photo
  4. IGNORE 4 is vertical photo with text below

Settings

1. Clickon Photos per page

If you want only 1 copy of each photo you selectedon each page then choose Single photo per page

If you want 2, 3 or 4 different photos on eachpage then choose Multiple photos per page

If you want many copies of the same photo oneach page then choose Multiple of the same photo per page

ClickPrint on the bottom right

1. Newwindow pops up
    1. If the arrow (triangle) to the right is pointingdown click it so it points up and displays additional options
    2. Choose number of copies (pages to print)
  2. ClickPrint

Jul 12, 2013 11:27 PM in response to frugalfly

You can always drag your pictures to you word processing page. Resizing is as easy as point, click, drag. Set you printer paper media and quality for photo paper of your choice and quality high. Prints are no worse than the ones printed with iphoto. Thisis to easy to do. USe the measurments on the side and across top to help with sizing. Couldn't be any simpler.

Print multiple photos on one page to printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.