Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod ejects itself

My iPod ejects itself after i plug it in, it does't even get recognized by iTunes. I tried resetting it, i used different cables, i removed and reinstalled iTunes and I still have the same problem. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Message was edited by: HanaSaoud

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2011 9:59 AM

Just started having the same problem win win7 64-bit. Also tried most of the same solns as you - resetting, removing/reinstalling - I don't have another cable handy, so didn't do that.

My camera transferred successfully, so I know that my USB is working....

Hope to see some soln to this soon - it's really annoying...

Edit: I think I'm using itunes 10.1.1 - it was whatever downloaded when I went to the "download itunes" area...

Message was edited by: skydvr69
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2011 9:59 AM in response to HanaSaoud

Just started having the same problem win win7 64-bit. Also tried most of the same solns as you - resetting, removing/reinstalling - I don't have another cable handy, so didn't do that.

My camera transferred successfully, so I know that my USB is working....

Hope to see some soln to this soon - it's really annoying...

Edit: I think I'm using itunes 10.1.1 - it was whatever downloaded when I went to the "download itunes" area...

Message was edited by: skydvr69

Apr 1, 2011 11:00 PM in response to HanaSaoud

I may have fixed it - if nothing else, I got a good sync in.

I removed the apple usb driver, as described in this reply to a similar question:
http://forums.ilounge.com/ipod-classic-ipod-5g-video/211689-ipod-classic-ejects- automatically-soon-connected.html#post1194763

Then, "my computer" would see the drive, but itunes didn't recognize it, so I restarted the ipod service as described here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1363
(under "restart the ipod service")

Then itunes recognized the ipod and did a sync.

fingers crossed that it will sync the next time I need to...

iPod ejects itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.