Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Accessing iTunes Store" message stuck...

I just installed the upgrade via Software Update and since... whenever I start iTunes it immediately gives a pop-up window stating 'Accessing iTunes Store' and is seemingly stuck. If I hit cancelled, the 'Canceling' message just gets stuck. On top of all this, I am unable to use iTunes and play any of my media as these stuck messages completely renders iTunes dead. What can I do?

Mac Mini aluminum, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 8:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2011 5:17 PM

I am having a similar issue after upgrading to 10.2.0.34 tonight. I can browse and download, but the "Accessing iTunes Store.." message keeps popping up every few seconds. I have good network connectivity and ran the iTunes diagnostic as well. Is this a bug in the new version, or is the iTunes store having connectivity problems?
127 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2011 5:17 PM in response to Oblidee

I am having a similar issue after upgrading to 10.2.0.34 tonight. I can browse and download, but the "Accessing iTunes Store.." message keeps popping up every few seconds. I have good network connectivity and ran the iTunes diagnostic as well. Is this a bug in the new version, or is the iTunes store having connectivity problems?

Mar 6, 2011 12:45 AM in response to Oblidee

I think it’s got something to do with Ping/the Ping-bar. I had it on/showed by default and the “connecting to iTunes Store” dialog kept on coming, but when I saw the bar sort of refreshing I chose to hide it. This partially solved the problem. I can now freely click on whatever I want (open albums or browse the store) without the dang message popping up every time. I know the issue isn’t really gone since every time I launch iTunes the message reappears, but only once.

Mar 9, 2011 1:50 AM in response to DWZ

Well, this problem may have just cost me real money. I was fighting iTunes with this problem last night whilst attempting to browse the iTunes store. I looked at a number of albums, but didn't buy anything. I was doing searches in the store and, as some others have already said, it becomes very difficult to type or browse as the dialog box keeps appearing after you've typed three letters. So I kept trying to type as quickly as I could and hit the 'enter' button on the keyboard to submit the search query.

So anyway, this morning I got tax invoice from Apple saying that I had somehow purchased some of the songs I was browsing last night. I never went anywhere close to the 'buy' button on any of these things.

I'm hypothesizing that iTunes misinterpreted me attempting to preform searches and thought I was pressing the 'enter' key to hit the 'buy' button instead of submitting the search query as the stupid dialog box keeps taking focus away from the search box.

Allow the conspiracy theories to commence.

Mar 9, 2011 7:18 AM in response to DWZ

Getting the same problem on my 2007 macbook. Thing is, it seems like the "Accessing Itunes Store..." message lasts for as long as it wants. Sometimes it just takes a few seconds, but today it took more than a minute - same internet connection, so I know that's not the problem. Really frustrating. Makes iTunes totally unusable

Mar 9, 2011 9:11 AM in response to Oblidee

I had the same problem since I downloaded the version 10.2.1. I had to use itunes urgently so I found a temporary solution until Apple updates to a newer version. I downloaded an older version of itunes (10.1.2.17) ( http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php) later, I had to uninstall the version (10.2.1) and I removed (and saved) the file "iTunes Library.itl" in the folder Music \ iTunes, because it will not be compatible with older versions. Then I just installed the downloaded version. As I said this is a temporary solution, as you temporaly lost access to your iTunes library.

Then again, when installing the new itunes, replace the file "iTunes Library.itl" to the one you saved, to get your library back

sorry for my bad english, I'm catalan

greetings

"Accessing iTunes Store" message stuck...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.