Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my iPhone 4

Howdy everyone,

I dropped my iPhone 4 this morning, and the screen is smashed up. I've got insurance for my iPhone, and it covers accidental damage. I was just wondering - if I contacted Apple (or visited an Apple Store), could the phone be replaced/repaired under the one year warranty? I got the iPhone back in July, last year.

Thanks everyone,

Joe

iPhone 4 16GB, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 4, 2011 10:37 AM

8 replies

Mar 4, 2011 10:42 AM in response to joewhite1989

That type of damage is not covered by warranty, however I have heard reports of iPhone 4's being replaced on a one-time basis as a courtesy with front screen damage. So, you can make an appointment at an Apple store & hope for the best. Otherwise you'll be offered an out of warranty replacement: cost in the US is $199. The rear screen is an easy fix, costs $29 & takes a couple of minutes.

Apr 7, 2011 5:31 PM in response to rabbitslave11

rabbitslave11 wrote:
hello, i am trying to determine if i should invest in the "asurian" company's iphone insurance if i already bought the 2-yr applecare contract for my new iphone 4? i just dont know if there are any holes in the coverage that may be covered by the at&t (subcontracted) insurance thru asurian..thanks for any info you may have researched~

Just keep in mind that the applecare DOES NOT cover any user damage, such as broken screen and water damage. It only extends the warranty to 2 years.

I dropped my iPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.