Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto '11 crashes when clicking "Info" on any photo.

The only changes that I have made to my system since noticing the problem is creating a bootcamp partition and installing windows 7 home premium.

The problem with iPhoto '11 is this. It works fine, except when (on any picture) you select the "info" button. This immediately crashes iPhoto. It does not report a crash, it just disappears and stops running. I can restart and the same thing happens over and over. I tried reverting from timemachine and it's still doing the same thing. I restarted the computer multiple times and it's always a crash.

The other noticeable coincidence is that the Mac App store will not launch. It bounces and then nothing. I purchased iPhoto '11 from the App Store so I can't even re-install!

Please help!

2007 Macbook 2.16ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 4, 2011 3:07 PM

5 replies

Feb 12, 2016 10:34 PM in response to Soup20000

I finally found a solution to this problem!

And, I think this will solve the problem of iPhoto crashing a few seconds after starting too, for some people at least.

To stop the iPhoto crashes, get your computer off the internet. I.e., turn off Wi-Fi and/or unplug your network cable.

Now when you start iPhoto, it won't crash, but it will complain that it can't lookup places. Oh well. So Apple can't spy on our whereabouts.

iPhoto '11 crashes when clicking "Info" on any photo.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.