Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wanted: Better organization of clips in the Event Library

The screenshot below hopefully illustrates my question. Today I uploaded some new video clips to my iMac and into iPhoto '11. iMovie '11 then imported those video clips and put them into a big too-huge folder, adding it to the rest of the items from the last upload in February '11.

I find it much easier to find my clips and label them the way it is done in the column of folders under the 2011 icon.

How can I do that? The upload today included clips from different themes/events. I do not want them all jammed in together in one folder titled "iPhoto Videos."

Please?

-l

User uploaded file

24" Intel iMac 222.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, Mac OS X (10.6.5), Lexmark AOI printer/copier/scanner/fax. 2-TB external HD, 1TB Time Capsule

Posted on Mar 4, 2011 10:09 PM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2011 12:50 PM in response to AppleMan1958

Well, I thought that going first to iPhoto '11 and then being sucked up by iMovie '11 was the standard procedure. 8-(

If indeed I can create my own flow, then I would want photos to go to iPhoto '11 and movies to go to 'iMovie '11.

And then, once the movies are in iMovie '11, I want to create what a majority of people would consider the most transparent, uncomplicated, simple Event Library possible.

I am easy to please once I get what I want. 🙂 🙂 🙂

-L

Mar 5, 2011 2:35 PM in response to Lorna from Hawaii

If you are on Snow Leopard, you can connect your camera via USB and then open the Image Capture application, you can easily find this in Spotlight at the top right of your screen, or you can find it in the Finder in the Applications folder, or maybe the Applications/Utilities folder.

In Image Capture, you can right click on your camera and assign a default application. You can set this to iMovie, and iMovie should see the camera.

Wanted: Better organization of clips in the Event Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.